Final Eye Specialists assist with ongoing jobs, assessing project specs and performing a thorough, non-language final-eye review of documents before the conclusion of the project. This is a unique opportunity in a financially stable and rapidly growing international communications services company. TransPerfect’s services include: translation, interpreting, voice-overs, subtitling, and cultural marketing campaigns. A Final Eye Specialist’s principal duty is to review a project in its final stage and approve it for release to the client.
• Understanding TransPerfect’s quality standards and making sure they are upheld
• Understanding the client’s expectations and making sure they are upheld
• Consulting with the Project Managers and sales team to discuss the client’s expectations or specifications
• Pre-flighting source files and discussing any findings with the project manager
• Properly utilize all appropriate supplemental materials (refer to client PAQ, reference material, glossaries, etc.)
• Proofread all documents with a strong focus on names, numbers, missing text, punctuation/spelling, grammar, adherence to instructions, proper use of glossaries/memory/reference materials or other significant issues
• Providing feedback to project managers or others who are involved in the project
• A Final Eye Specialist must be familiar with the life-cycle of a normal job. He/She should have a keen eye for detail, manage his/her time effectively, communicate information or feedback clearly to Production, and be able to work comfortably in MS Office and PDF formats
Essential skills and experience required:
• Excellent English communication (written and verbal) skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to learn new skills quickly
• Exceptional problem solving/critical thinking skills
• Ability to maintain professionalism, focus and result-orientation under pressure and tight deadlines
• 80% on either Phase 1 or 1.2 Final-Eye tests, the second score must be a minimum of 70%
• 80% on Phase 2 Final-Eye test
For more than 20 years, TransPerfect has provided comprehensive language and technology solutions to help our clients communicate and conduct business more effectively in a global marketplace. Equipped with a quality management system certified to both the ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 17100:2015 standards, TransPerfect provides a full array of language and business support services, including translation, interpretation, multicultural marketing, website globalization, subtitling, voiceovers, staffing services, e-learning and training, and legal support services. TransPerfect also offers a suite of next-generation technologies that significantly reduce costs and improve consistency throughout the translation process, making TransPerfect the vendor of choice for the world's leading multinationals.
With annual revenues of over $550 million, TransPerfect is the world's largest privately held provider of language services and technology solutions. From offices in more than 90 cities on six continents, TransPerfect offers a full range of services in 170+ languages to clients worldwide. With an unparalleled commitment to quality and client service, TransPerfect is fully ISO 9001 and ISO 17100 certified. TransPerfect has global headquarters in New York, with regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.