The Senior Systems Engineer at Trial Interactive is responsible for providing cloud service development, implementation, architectural design, advanced troubleshooting, and management of the overall health of On Demand services at Trial Interactive.
The Cloud Systems Engineer will help in the design and implementation of our next generation platform services. This individual is required to demonstrate sound technical architectural leadership, playing a vital role in designing, enhancing, implementing and scaling our application platform. The candidate will also engage in capacity planning, demand forecasting, software performance analysis, and systems tuning. The candidate must enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and help to manage services running in the Cloud; Provide experience-based guidance and implementation of Cloud Computing solutions, tools, architecture, and approaches.
- Help to create documentation to support quality policy and processes. Review and approve of all quality related documentation for On Demand hosting and Cloud deployment.
- Optimize On Demand infrastructure by recommending and performing upgrades, monitoring performance, and auditing system tasks
- Formulate deployment strategy and design documentation for new capabilities, enhanced functionality and fixes.
- Interact with other team members including Production Support, Engineering, Quality Assurance, and Product Management.
- Provide leadership by mentoring other technical team members
- Meet and engage with vendors as required
- Advanced troubleshooting and monitoring of service systems to ensure adequate SLA, capacity management and expansion requirements
- Research hosting and deployment trends and identify opportunities for Trial Interactive to take advantage of such trends.
- Sponsor research projects and proof of concept development projects.
- Test and validate solutions in lab environments