The position of Project Coordinator is a key player at TransPerfect Translations. Project Coordinators execute all projects from start to finish and serve as a single point of accountability for their successful completion. This is a unique opportunity in a financially stable and rapidly growing international communications services company. TransPerfect’s services include: translation, interpreting, voice-overs, subtitling, and cultural marketing campaigns.
Project Coordinators are responsible for the entire life-cycle of all projects assigned to them and serve as a single point of contact/accountability.
• Confirm clarity of instructions prior to initiating project workflow, liaising with Account Executive to modify/correct project instructions/parameters as needed
• Coordinate with Account Executives to educate/advise clients regarding the best way to accomplish their goals for individual projects
• Negotiate rates and deadlines with contract linguists in order to maximize profitability and project completion speed
• Use Computer Assisted Translation tools whenever possible to maximize consistency and profitability
• Use appropriate reference materials/glossaries as needed to maximize consistency and quality
• Communicate any issues/problems/delays/additional information to Account Executive on an immediate basis and work to troubleshoot any issues that arise
• Effectively liaise with other departments that are essential parts of project workflow (for instance, Quality Managers, Desktop Publishing, etc.)
• Perform a Final Eye quality check and issue a Quality Score for the Quality Manager prior to sending a job out
• Return completed project to Account Executive on time or early
• Bill projects completely and accurately within 24 hours of project completion, complying with all appropriate regulations and processes
• Establish and maintain working relationships with contract linguists located around the world:
• Consistently give both positive and negative feedback
• File Corrective Action Forms as needed for substandard work performed and work with QA to impose appropriate financial sanctions in those cases
• Investigate/resolve client complaints, problem solve and work with QA/Management to ensure that appropriate systemic changes are implemented to ensure that any problems that occurred cannot be repeated
• Work to understand and be knowledgeable about your clients as well as your vertical, including current events, business trends and industry leaders
• Make recommendations to your manager on ways to improve any processes, etc. as part of TransPerfect’s commitment to continual improvement
• Provide assistance to others when able and as needed
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in English
• Ability to effectively multitask in order to simultaneously execute multiple projects
• Exceptional problem solving/critical thinking skills
• Ability to maintain professionalism in all situations, especially under tight deadlines
• Ability to maintain professionalism, focus and result-orientation under pressure and tight deadlines
• 80% on either Phase 1 or 1.2 Final-Eye tests, the second score must be a minimum of 70%
• 80% on Phase 2 Final-Eye test
• Requires at least a four-year degree
• Prior translation industry experience
• Fluency in a foreign language
For more than 25 years, TransPerfect has provided comprehensive language and technology solutions to help our clients communicate and conduct business more effectively in a global marketplace. Equipped with a quality management system certified to both the ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 17100:2015 standards, TransPerfect provides a full array of language and business support services, including translation, interpretation, multicultural marketing, website globalization, subtitling, voiceovers, staffing services, e-learning and training, and legal support services. TransPerfect also offers a suite of next-generation technologies that significantly reduce costs and improve consistency throughout the translation process, making TransPerfect the vendor of choice for the world's leading multinationals.
With annual revenues of over $615 million, TransPerfect is the world's largest provider of language services and technology solutions. From offices in more than 90 cities on six continents, TransPerfect offers a full range of services in 170+ languages to clients worldwide. With an unparalleled commitment to quality and client service, TransPerfect is fully ISO 9001 and ISO 17100 certified. TransPerfect has global headquarters in New York, with regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.