As a Vendor Manager, your mission will be to expand the company’s network of collaborators by building strong relationships with our industry community. In order to achieve this goal, you will source and find qualified candidates for different types of freelance linguistic tasks worldwide. You will take care of testing, recruitment, rate negotiations, and database updates.
• Screening external candidates and contacting potential resources
• Taking care of the whole recruitment process of new vendors
• Building strong relationships with all vendors
• Supporting and working closely with Production to facilitate their daily work
• Making the most of each application – testing linguists on their main fields of expertise, negotiating their most competitive rates
• Keeping an updated database with all the relevant information on linguists
• Ensuring our vendors’ documents are updated and on file
• Working closely with them to have their issues solved as earlier as possible, and liaison with appropriate departments for this purpose
• Promoting the use of your vendors
• Making sure all fronts and resources are maximized for recruitment
• Keeping track of all your candidates and their skills for any possible leverage
• Writing and posting job offers
Essential skills and experience required:
• Minimum Bachelor's degree or its equivalent
• Japanese native speaker with excellent communication (written and verbal) skills in English
• Ability to support multiple projects by keeping accurate and up-to-date project specs
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to maintain professionalism in all situations, especially under tight deadlines
• Prior vendor management experience preferred
For more than 25 years, TransPerfect has provided comprehensive language and technology solutions to help our clients communicate and conduct business more effectively in a global marketplace. Equipped with a quality management system certified to both the ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 17100:2015 standards, TransPerfect provides a full array of language and business support services, including translation, interpretation, multicultural marketing, website globalization, subtitling, voiceovers, staffing services, e-learning and training, and legal support services. TransPerfect also offers a suite of next-generation technologies that significantly reduce costs and improve consistency throughout the translation process, making TransPerfect the vendor of choice for the world's leading multinationals.
With annual revenues of over $615 million, TransPerfect is the world's largest provider of language services and technology solutions. From offices in more than 90 cities on six continents, TransPerfect offers a full range of services in 170+ languages to clients worldwide. With an unparalleled commitment to quality and client service, TransPerfect is fully ISO 9001 and ISO 17100 certified. TransPerfect has global headquarters in New York, with regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.